What gift should I bring for a Hostess at Christmas?
Don’t show up empty handed to the party. When it comes to hostess gifts, there is something for every budget. Whether it’s some fresh coffee or a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, here are 10 gifts that are great for any hostess at Christmas. A bottle of wine is my personal favorite to bring.
10 Best Gifts for a Hostess at Christmas
- Wine Glass Clings – Naughty or Nice, Bah humbug, these cute clings are a fun way to jazz up any glass. It also helps people remember which drink is theirs.
2. Multi-Wine Packs – With many people gathering for the holidays multipacks are a great hostess gift. They come with lots of options for any wine drinker: reds, whites, sweets, or sparkling. This will be one gift a hostess with be thankful for.
3. Tea Blends – Mixtures of tea allow your hostess to offer up something to guests throughout the party or to enjoy with dessert. This selection is a Tea Forte Warming Joy Petite Presentation Box Featuring Seasonal & Festive Tea Blends with 10 Handcrafted Pyramid Tea Infusers.
4. Fresh Flowers – Fresh flowers will make any house feel more festive. Opt for in season flowers, like poinsettias, or red, white and green ones, such as roses and carnations. If you plan ahead of time you can order them and have them delivered before hand. This way the hostess can have them arranged before everyone arrives. If you bring flowers with you, it’s always nice to have them in a vase. Often times all the guests arrive around the same time and it can be hard to break away and find a vase to arrange flowers.
5. A Serving Platter – If you are bringing a food item, such as cookies, or a cheese tray, then consider picking out a pretty serving platter that you can give to the hostess as a gift. It’s wonderful after a night of fun not worrying about locating and
washing your dishes before you leave. This one is a Rachael Ray Cucina Dinnerware 10-Inch x 14-Inch Stoneware Oval Platter, in Cranberry Red.
6. Coffee – Get a seasonal Christmas or winter blend. It can be served after dinner with dessert or offered to an unexpected visitor. If you are not sure, it may be worth a call ahead to find out if the hostess has a traditional coffer maker, or a specialty one, like a Keurig. If you feel like getting really fancy, bring a creamer, syrup, or dessert to complement the coffee.
7. Mixed Nut Tray – Great for any party, a tray of mixed nuts offers beautiful variety. It gives company something to snack on other than all of the sugary Christmas goodies. This gift will store well and will not be quick to expire; perfect for a frequent entertainer.
8. Christmas Candle – These are a great no fail gift for any hostess. The warm Christmas aromas will fill the air and add ambiance to the party. Yankee candles are a great option and the scent “Christmas Cookie,” is a popular favorite. One of my favorites is “Home for Christmas,” which reminds me of a Christmas Tree Farm.
9. A Festive Kitchen Towel – If you are on a budget, this is a great option. You can usually pick up kitchen towels for a few bucks at most retailers. If you remember to buy after the Christmas season, you can probably find them for 25% – 50% off. Kitchen towels would also look pretty wrapped around a specialty bread and tied with a bow.
Do you have a favorite Hostess gift you like to give?
More Christmas Cheer:
Christmas Planner 2017
Start getting organized now!