“Do you want to build a snowman?”
Well, you are here, so I would say, “Yes!” These were super easy and make for a great surprise for the kids. You can chose to make the cinnamon rolls from scratch but I used the store bought ones that rhyme with “Shmilspery.” Okay, okay, it’s Pillsbury. For the past few years my husband and I enjoy a panful on Christmas Morning. They are so easy, and the smell, like Christmas. I don’t usually make us these cute snowmen, but my niece was over and I thought I would surprise her at breakfast. It worked!
- A roll of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls; this will make 5.5 snowmen.
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Skittles or M&Ms for Buttons
- Starburst or fruit rollups for the scarf
- Grease a baking sheet; preheat oven accordingly.
- Cut three of the cinnamon rolls in half.
- To make the head, pinch the two corners tightly together. (It will look like an orange slice, then a packman, then a circle) You want to have a nice circle with no seal. If you do not do this part right you will end up with snowmen with their heads split open, #pinterestfail.
- Next push the head firmly into the “body,” which is just a regular sized roll.
- Bake accordingly(Remember darker baking sheets needs less time and/or heat!)
- When they come out of the oven frost those bad boys up. I used a knife to spread the frosting that came in the package. They will melt nicely if frosted when they are warm. (Use caution not to burn yourself)
- After I frosted them I decorated them. I used Wilton Candy Eyeballs, skittles for the buttons, and a rolled out starburst for the nose and scarf. I found that if I decorated while the frosting was still warm, the candy would stick better.
More Christmas Cheer:
Christmas Central 2017
Free Printables, Household Management Tips, and Holiday Magic sent right to your inbox!