Sweet and sour lemonade is a crowd pleaser. We’ve been making batches of this fresh treat to bring outside with us. Here in Michigan, it’s still spring, but the days have been hot and humid.
Hot weather calls for ice-cold refreshments. The girls and I have been having lots of fun making this lemonade together.
Fresh lemonade is super easy to make and soooo much better then store bought. Do you ever notice how some of those store bought brands leave a funny after taste?
Not to mention it’s incredibly satisfying to make.
I like to use different kinds of ice cubes, sometimes I use big round ones. You can also fill these molds with slices of lemon, raspberries, etc.
Sweet and Sour LemonadePrint
Libby’s Sweet and Sour Lemonade
Sweet and Sour Lemonade, perfect for a hot summer day or a fun recipe to try with the kids.
- 6 Large Lemons juiced (about a cup)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water + 2 Cups of Water
- Juice 6 lemons – about 1 cup. Strain to remove any pulp or seeds
- Heat over medium high heat 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, until sugar dissolves. Let cool some before adding to a pitcher.
- In a large pitcher, add 2 cups of cold water, lemon juice, and cooled sugar and water (simple syrup)
- Add lots of ice to pitcher
- Serve ice cold over a full glass of ice. Garnish with lemon slices.
This will be equal parts sweet and sour. I usually add about two trays of ice cubes to the pitcher. This will help get it cold and dilute it at the same time. If you don’t add ice cubes, you may want to add more water to get it to your desired potency.
I definitely feel like making lemonade is a summer bucket list item. It’s right up there with eating ice cold watermelon and grilling hot dogs.
It’s also a great recipe for the kids that doesn’t require a hot oven to make.
More Summer Inspiration:
If you’re getting into the summer spirit, check out some of these other recipes and ideas for summer inspired living.
- Patriotic Spritzer for the Whole Family
- American Flag Oreos that are a Crowd Pleaser
- 4th of July Playlist for a perfect Patriot Party
- Summer Entertainment Kids will Love
Join me over coffee with household tips, money savings and holiday fun.