It’s pumpkin season friends. I’m pretty sure the dogs love fall as much as we do. They love playing in the leaves and chasing down the squirrels that are hiding walnuts in random spots. Getting into the fall season, I came up with this ground beef dog meatloaf. It’s filled with pumpkin, carrots, and beef. My dogs loved it. I hope yours do to!
My dogs are getting older(or perhaps spoiled?) so they prefer something mixed in with their dog food. I usually do a big crockpot of chicken and rice, but with the fall season upon us, and a 5lb package of ground beef, I got creative.
This will come out like a typical meatloaf. I like to use parchment paper to help pull it out of the bread pan without it sticking or falling apart. I put it in the fridge overnight and sliced it the next day.
Here’s some photos of the Mutt-ster Mash Meatloaf process:Print
Mutt-ster Mash Meatloaf- Ground Beef Dog Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 15 oz can of cooked carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can of pumpkin (about 7.5 oz)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until everything is well combine
- Lay Parchment paper in the bottom of 9×5 bread pan
- Form a Loaf in the pan (I flatten it out to fill the pan)
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until an internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F, and meat is fully cooked (food thermometer).
- Pull out the loaf and let it cool completely before cutting.
I let this meatloaf cool and then covered it and placed it in the fridge overnight. The parchment paper makes it easier to pull it out, without it breaking. I flipped it upside down and cut it in about 1/2 inch thick patties. The dogs love it!
Keywords: dog food ground beef meatloaf
Get your Dog in the Halloween Spirit – Shop Amazon
Want more Halloween spirit? Check out this October Bucket List.
Join me over coffee with household tips, money savings and holiday fun.