Happy October! Bring on the oranges, blacks, purples and greens. One of my favorite parts about the October season is the darker color schemes to introduce some spook-lite and pumpkin inspired decor for Halloween.
Halloween is like one of the last outdoor social activities before the temperature drops, and feels like winter is coming. While Halloween is a blast to celebrate, October is riddled with such beauty and mystery there is a lot that can make an October Bucket List.
October Bucket List – Fall Family Favorites
- Give an October 1st Basket for the littles
- Decorate for Halloween
- Make Bavarian Style Pretzels with Dipping Sauce – Pretzels are so delicious hot and freshly made.
- Go to The Cider Mill –It doesn’t feel like Fall without a trip to the Cider Mill.
- Carve Pumpkins and Bake the Seeds – Try this recipe for a sweet and salty seed.
- Go Trick or Treating – Get the gang together and go Trick or Treating in the neighborhood
- Visit A Local Kids Halloween Event There are so many family friendly events for kids at Halloween. Definitely a new tradition to start while the kids are little.
- Pick Pumpkins from a Pumpkin Patch
- Make an Apple Dessert – Apple turnovers, apple pie, dutch baby, some kind of apple dessert will be made.
- Watch Harry Potter – The perfect light-hearted Fall movie series
- Decorate the House for Halloween – Start early on October 1st.
- Play Halloween Music – Monster Mash & Michael Jackson Thriller
- Jump in A Pile of Leaves
- Make Halloween-themed treats: Get creative in the kitchen and make spooky treats like Halloween cupcakes or spiderweb cookies.
- Take Family Photos Outside
- Take A Fall Detour Drive Down Tree Lined Streets
- Drink A Pumpkin Spice Latte – A definite must for any fall drive
- Read a mystery novel
- Find a favorite fall candle
- Be the house that hands out the best goodies on halloween
- Create and make clever costumes
- Checkout Halloween inspired books from the library
- Pick-up a Bundle of Mums for the front porch or patio
- Host a bonfire: Gather around the fire with friends and roast some marshmallows
- Attend a Fall Festival: There is a whole world of Fall Festivals out there. Find one in your local town or a neighboring town
- Go on a hayride: Find a pumpkin patch that offers hayrides. It’s a fun way to get out and tour nature and soak up the October skies.
- Attend a football game: Football seasons in full swing. Enjoy some games before the weather gets cold.
- Make a fall-themed wreath: Get creative and make a wreath for your front door.
- Pack-up the summer clothes and do a Fall wardrobe refresh. A new sweater or some romping boots.
- Create a family chili recipe
- Change your lighting to soft Edison bulbs and embrace a cozy and hygge inspired home
What are your family’s favorite October Bucket List items?
Join me over coffee with household tips, money savings and holiday fun.