If you have ever watched the show Downton Abbey, you know after they dine for dinner, they make their way to the drawing room. Here they enjoy after dinner drinks, usually port wine. While this whipped coffee with Bailey’s Irish cream is not wine, its richness is reminiscent of something to savor.
The whipped coffee is made by mixing instant coffee, sugar and HOT water. Mixing and infusing hot water and sugar into the instant coffee causes it hydrate and turn to a fluffy foam. Something about this process makes me want to experiment to see how it would be as an ingredient in tiramisu.
Whipped Coffee with Bailey’s Irish Cream Process
You want the coffee to be light and fluffy. This will not work with regular coffee, it has to be instant.
Pick a pretty glass and fill it half way with ice and Bailey’s. Then top with the whipped coffee.Print
Whipped Coffee with Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 2 TBS of Instant Coffee Powder
- 2 TBS of Hot Water
- 2 TBS of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Coco Powder (optional)
- Combine instant coffee powder, hot water and and sugar into a bowl and mix until mixture becomes light, fluffy and foamy. ( 2- 4 minutes) on medium speed.
- Pour Bailey’s over ice in a pretty glass, top with whipped coffee.
- Garnish with coco powder