Hosting Thanksgiving can be a large undertaking. It’s not something you just throw together. The prep work and cooking that goes into Turkey Day requires preplanning to go off without a hitch. To help make that happen, I created some Thanksgiving Planner Free Printables.
Preplanning for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is such a family holiday. In the past, I have hosted Christmas Eve. This will be the first year I am volunteering to do Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to it. Fall, football, family, food… sign me up! With a large “guest”(family) list, and a labor intensive menu, I know it’s necessary to create a game plan. Here is the free Thanksgiving Planner PDF that I created.
I didn’t make these fancy like the 2017 Christmas Planner, but I did make them clean, and practical. This PDF includes the following:
- Thanksgiving Preplanning Checklist
- Thanksgiving Menu Planner
- Grocery List
- RSVP List
Thanksgiving Planner Free Printables Breakdown
1. Thanksgiving Preplanning Checklist (To-Do List)
The Thanksgiving Preplanning Checklist is the first item in the bundle. Use the checklist in the few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Allow it to help you delegate, shop and set-up for Thanksgiving. What’s on the to-do list:
- Plan a menu
- Make a grocery list
- Get RSVPS
- Make a cooking time table
- Wash cups & glassware
- Wash bowls & platters
- Proper Cookware – for each dish you’re making. Like a Roasting Pan, or tin foil pans for the side dishes
- Make sure you have enough bowls & serving platters for your menu items
- Inventory serving utensils
- Make sure you have enough napkins, plates, glasses, & utensils, for your family coming
- Seating arrangements – does everyone have a place to sit?
- Storage containers for leftovers or to send people home with extras. I like these round ones, they’re freezer and microwave safe.
Clean & Decorate
- Clean the bathroom
- Tidy the house
- Create a place for coat and shoe storage
- Floral Arrangements & Decorations
- Soap & hand towels for the bathroom
- Set the table
- Thanksgiving music playlist
- Clean out the fridge
- Make sure to give the turkey plenty of time to thaw. A large turkey could take up to six days!
- Pull out all of your cookware to make sure you have everything you need for the recipes you are making.
- Pick-up some extra storage containers to send people home with leftovers.
2. Thanksgiving Menu Planner
Use this printable to fill in the dishes you will be serving on Thanksgiving. If your friends and family are bringing a dish, add it to the menu with their name (i.e. mashed potatoes (mom)). Here are some popular Thanksgiving menu items to consider:
Popular Thanksgiving Menu Items
- Mashed potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Cranberry sauce
- Macaroni & cheese
- Green bean casserole
- Apple pie
- Pumpkin pie
- Sweet potato pie
- Bread or Rolls
3. Grocery List
This grocery list gives you a spot to write down the ingredients you need and the quantity needed. Don’t forget extra butter and make sure your salad dressing is not expired.
4. RSVP List
Keep a list of who you invited and who will be coming to Thanksgiving. Knowing your guest list will help you get the right size turkey and serving sizes for your dishes.
Don’t forget to sign up for the 2023 Christmas Planner Free Printables to get ready for Christmas this year!
More on Good Life of a Housewife:
Join me over coffee with household tips, money savings and holiday fun.